Dokkan Battle Boss Rush is here, and while there are a bunch of Dragon Stones up for grabs, you must be able to take on the most challenging event thus far – Dokkan Event Boss Rush.
Dokkan Event Boss Rush is a free event, with two stages. Each stage has two difficulties: Super2 and Super3. If you are able to defeat the Boss Rush in Dokkan Battle, you could earn yourself up to 65 Dragon Stones!
Ready to beat the Dokkan Battle Dokkan Event Boss Rush? Continue reading!
Check out the reddit post for the most optimal teams! https://tinyurl.com/ya4bxel3
Check out Dokkanic’s YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/dokkanic
While you’re here, check out the team that PostXyaL used to beat Dokkan Event Boss Rush on Super3 Difficulty at the end!
Ideally, you want to have a team that consists of the following (Global Side ONLY) in this order:
1-2 Healers (depending on the level of healing)
1-3 Tankers/Defenders (depending if a tanker heals/deals good damage/debuffs)
1-2 Debuffers (Lower attack/defense)
1 Sealer (if debuffing/healing/tanking is not that great)
1-2 Stunners (especially if you do not have a sealer/debuffer/tanker)
Of these, make sure AT LEAST 2 of them are hard hitters, the more the merrier. This means ideally you want all of them to be hard hitters. Make due with what you have.
Hero & Villian teams are typically chosen because they can hold a rainbow of attributes. You can make Mono teams, especially when the 120 leads come out.
Ideal villains team (there ARE variations, just what is ideal)
Merged Zamasu Leader (Stat buff lead, Grindable SA, Hard hitter)
SSJ Rose (Ki support + Hard Hitter)
Buuhan (Healer/Debuffer + hard hitter, grindable SA)
Omega Shenron (Debuffer + hard hitter)
TEQ Golden Frieza (Tanker & decent hitter)
Goku Black (KI Support on Global & decent hitter and grindable SA), Janemba (Tanker), PHY 70 Lead Broly (double attack), LR Broly (Hard Hitter & double attack), FP Frieza (Super hard hitter), LR Frieza
SSJ Rose Friend (To guarantee your supers + good for LR Broly)
An Ideal Hero team:
Vegito Blue Lead (Sort of tanks, depends on dupe system + counter attacks)
STR Gogeta (Hard Hitter)
Super Vegito (Tanks if no super, counter attacks, hard hitter)
STR SSJ3 Vegeta (Tanks and can Stun)
AGL Whis (Healer & Stuns)
PHY SSJ Gotenks (sealer)
INT Rage Trunks Friend (Everyone here links very well except for Whis who is essentially there for healing but can stun)
Other options are SSJ3 Gotenks, INT SSB Vegeta, or SSBKK Goku
Obviously, not everyone has the ideal team, so here is a list of all the different cards you can consider (Only covering Hero & Villian teams).
** OUT OF THIS LIST, MAKE SURE TO PICK THE HARDEST HITTING CARDS YOU HAVE!! Click on each image for a link to the card on the wiki!
HP Recovery (Not every character included, just ones with the most relevance IMO):
Hero HP Regen:
- Not a lot of great healers outside of Whis and Pan, even then Pan may only be viable on a mono STR LR Broly lead team
– Full HP Regen when HP is 30% or below. Huge advantage to bringing AGL Whis: His passive allows you to heal once per boss.
– 25% HP Regeneration of damage dealt as health
– 2000 HP per INT orb obtained
- May want to pair Kai with since he changes orbs + rare chance to stun the enemy. (20% stun rate)
Villain HP Regen:
– 3000HP regen per ki orb obtained
– 15% HP Regen at start of turn
– 25% hp regen when HP is 40% or below
– 1000HP regen per ki orb obtained
– 25% HP Regeneration of damaged dealt as health (Also has metamorphosis for 5% HP Regen) + chance to stun on SA (only 10% though)
– 30% HP Regeneration of damaged dealt as health (Also has metamorphosis for 5% HP Regen)
– Recover 10% of health when HP is 80% or below
** Will not be taking into consideration “damage reduction upon guard.” Please see above link for those specific cards
- Android 13 is “Damage received reduced by 30% when Ki is 8 or more” which is not ideal but is better than not having a good defender at all.
Top Picks (based on Ideal links – Assuming you have no tanks/debuffing characters)
* In that order. TEQ Bardock changes Ki orbs which can be detrimental or amazing, rather not chance it but to each his own
Other (super low) picks:
Jackie Chun is FTP so no excuses!
(has shocking speed & can link with Omega, def not ideal and no damage output)
De-buffing Attack (Only Greatly Lowers Attack will be considered): http://dbz-dokkanbattle.wikia.com/wiki/LOWER_ATTACK
Hero Attack De-buff:
- In that order. STR Great Saiyaman passive is Attack + 30% when Ki is 5 or more = harder hitting than his AGL counterpart
Villain Attack Debuff:
Yea, villains are kinda shafted there with “greatly lowering attack” outside of Buuhan.
Some top picks with “lowers attack”
** The good thing here is these are decent picks for a villains team.
Lowers Defense (Only Greatly Lowers Defense Considered):
- Only taken into consideration for the Broly event. Only base a choice on this if you have no units that debuff, can disable rampage (assuming you take one), or have a high crit rate
Hero Defense Debuff:
- Ideal Picks are INT SSJ Trunks, SSJ3 Gotenks, Lord Shugesh
Villain Defense Debuff:
- Ideal picks are SSJ Rose, Merged Zamasu, Omega Shenron, INT Janemba, Golden Frieza (Most top villain cards greatly lower defense so this shouldn’t be a problem
- Not primary choices due to RNG, but may help you out in a pinch.
50% Chance on Super Attack (best for hero’s)
* Vegeta is your #1 pick due to his defensive passive
25% Chance On Super Attack:
- FTP AGL Whis is the most ideal of the 25% stunners because he will also act as your healer.
I will not go further for SA stunners, these are the ideal picks. For anything 20% and under see the link above
40% Chance on Passive:
* Whis being least ideal because you should run the FTP AGL Whis over him.
70% Chance on Super:
50% Chance on Super:
- Turles is the most ideal because of his Ki & attack buff for all allies passive. Babidi isn’t ideal at all, but he a high chance to stun so can be useful. Only use as a last resort.
25% on Super:
- Demon King Piccolo is mentioned because of his passive of Ki +3 and attack +25% for Extreme Types. He will be a great support for Extreme teams if needed.
40% Stun on Passive:
This is the team that PostXyaL used to beat Dokkan Event Boss Rush on Super3 Difficulty
The hero team seemed to work the best, based on the team building guide provided by Dokkanic. Dual SSGSS Vegito allowed for heavy amounts of ATK, DEF & HP, as well as guaranteed Super Attacks for every character every turn (occasionally Whis would suffer).
The MVP of the team, which saves you from using items and allows you time to lower DEF and get attacks, in will be SSJ3 Vegeta. His ability to tank and stun just about every time makes Boss Rush much more doable.
If you choose to also bring a friend SSGSS Vegito, I highly recommend looking for one with level 10 Super Attack and a focus on Critical Attack from the Dupe System.
For your own sake, characters with Critical Attack from the Dupe System will be extremely helpful with Boss Rush
Dokkan Event Boss Rush features every Dokkan Event boss. Hence the name. That being said, certain bosses have passives that make it very difficult to deal damage to them, unless you bring characters with certain link skills or passives.
For example, Broly is going to be extremely hard to damage, unless you have the link skill Blazing Battle. Critical Hit, like I have with my Super Gogeta and the friend that I brought has on his SSGSS Vegito, pierces through Broly’s passive.
Likewise, Omega Shenron has very high defense. Being able to crit him will make your struggle much easier.
Dokkan Event Boss Rush Strategy and Quick Tips
For this event, assuming you are able to put together a decent team using the suggestions above, it is also important to try and put together a sound strategy.
Boss Rush is not exactly an easy Dokkan Event, so having a better understanding of what to do and when to do it will be extremely beneficial. Here are some of the best and easiest tips to consider and remember:
1. Try to save items for when you really need them
Saving your items for crucial moments will be one of your keys to victory. For example, don’t use a Senzu Bean unless you really need to use a Senzu Bean. Same goes for other items.
2. Time your Character Rotations
Timing your rotations will help you with having the right character in the right place, at the right time. If you stun and defeat a boss too soon, the boss could transform and your three attacking characters may be the worst three to have at that moment.
One of the best things that you can do is place your Defense-lowering unit before your nuke.
If you have a stunner/tank such as SSJ3 Vegeta, it would be best to defeat the boss on the turns where he is not present. This will allow for him to be present on the next turn, allowing him to stun / tank again where necessary.
3. Use Your Items to Your Advantage
Remember that Senzu Bean and Dende will break the debuff that some bosses will place on you, which blocks you from moving characters around. Omega Shenron and Frieza are notorious for this.
When a round starts, and you see the debuff placed on your character, try taking a Senzu Bean. Keep in mind, however, that this should only be done when necessary.
4. Intelligently Defend Yourself
Defense might be the best offense when taking on Boss Rush. This Dokkan Event is tricky to team build for, because you are dealing with the passives and characteristics of all of the different bosses.
That being said, it is going to be very beneficial if you can intelligently defend yourself, allowing you to create a great offense when available.
If you do not have access to a stunner, go to type-advantage for blocking. If that is also not available, press the roster button at the bottom right and choose the character with the highest defense to take the block.