LR Frieza has launched on the scene, and much like LR Goku, it’s quite the grind. Upon login to the special event, Dokkan Battle gave players 20 Dragon Stones, a free SSR Frieza, and the ability to obtain another incredible LR character with a farmable super attack that can deal mega-colossal damage.
LR Frieza in Dokkan Battle is definitely going to become a very powerful addition to any players team, and he’s F2P
With a max level of 150 and with multiple stages of an insanely powerful super attack, it’s almost like Dokkan Battle is saying “Sure, one of the best characters is free, but good luck getting him!”
The trickiest part to obtaining LR Frieza in Dokkan Battle will be having the appropriate characters that are allowed. That, and the fact that Continues are not allowed while battling any level of Summit of the Universe.
In this article:
- Where to get & farm LR Frieza
- Awakening Medals for LR Frieza
- Characters capable of fighting LR Frieza
- Team Building for LR Frieza
- How to defeat LR Frieza
Here are the stats for Reign of Terror Frieza (1st Form) (LR Frieza) in Dokkan Battle:
- Type: Extreme STR
- Max LvL: 150
- Rarity: LR
- Cost: 99
- Leader Skill: All Types ATK +7000
- Passive Skill: End of Everything – ATK +13000 & DEF +5000 at start of turn
- Super Attack:
- Death Ball (12-17 Ki) – Causes colossal damage to enemy
- Imperial Conquest (18+ Ki) – Causes mega-colossal damage to enemy and lowers ATK & DEF
Link Skill: Strongest Clan in Space – Universe’s Most Malevolent Thirst for Conquest – Big Bad Bosses – Fear and Faith Legendary Power – Metamorphosis
Where to get & farm LR Frieza
Dokkan Battle does not just grant you an LR character from you completing a stage. You must, of course, clear other stages first to obtain the first character. Then you have to get the appropriate medals to Dokkan awaken that character. This step gets repeated a few times, so pay attention.
Prime Battle Summit of the Universe is the event in which you will take on, farm, defeat, and Dokkan Awaken LR Frieza from start to finish. Once you select the event, the first level that you need to farm is “Defying the Emperor”.
The boss on this level is Extreme STR Indignant Emperor Frieza (1st Form). The first time that you clear this level, you will receive Indignant Emperor Frieza (1st Form). Every other time, you are in “farm” mode, and it’s up to chance whether or not he drops.
Frieza only has one health bar on this stage, so this should be quite easy to defeat. Expect a grind, however, when it comes to farming Indignant Emperor Frieza (1st Form).
Dokkan Awakening Medals for LR Frieza
Under the same event, “Prime Battle Summit of the Universe”, there are two other stages: Level 2: True Fear and Level 3: Summit of the Universe.
Level 2: True Fear drops a Dokkan Awakening medal called Warrior’s Mark (1st Form Frieza). This level drops up to 1 medal per clear.
You will need 15 of these medals to Dokkan Awaken Indignant Emperor Frieza (1st Form) into Staggering Force Frieza (1st Form). Take note that this is not LR Frieza. So the battle is not over once you obtain the first 15 Dokkan Awakening medals.
On this stage, there are two rounds: Round 1’s boss is Indignant Emperor Frieza (1st Form) (With 1 Health Bar) and Round 2, you will face Staggering Force Frieza (1st Form), with 2 health bars.
Level 3: Summit of the Universe
Once you have Dokkan Awakened Indignant Emperor Frieza (1st Form) into Staggering Force Frieza (1st Form), you will need to clear Level 3: Summit of the Universe to obtain the Dokkan Awakening medal Warrior’s Mark (1st Form Frieza).
Note – Level 3: Summit of the Universe usually drops between 5 and 20 medals. Expect 5 – 7.
Sadly, you will need to obtain 777 of the Dokkan Awakening medal Warrior’s Mark (1st Form Frieza) in order to Dokkan Awaken Staggering Force Frieza (1st Form) into Reign of Terror Frieza (1st Form).
Level 3: Summit of the Universe has three rounds: Rounds 1 and 2 have the same boss as the previous stage, Level 2: The Real Battle, followed by the final boss: Reign of Terror Frieza (1st Form).
The question is: How do you prepare to take on LR Frieza?
Characters that can fight LR Frieza
The primary restriction, while it seems difficult, is that you can only bring freely obtainable characters to enter any level involved in fighting or obtaining LR Frieza.
This is only really an issue if the player has not taken advantage of any of the events in which characters are freely obtained. Strike Event characters, for example, are free to join the battle.
Characters that have been gifted due to a special event by Dokkan Battle are also accepted into these events. Team building should not be very difficult, especially for an active player.
For a more complete list, check out the Dokkan Battle Wikia page listing freely obtainable units.
PostXyaL of DokkanBlog.com uses the following team & items to battle all three stages of LR Frieza in Summit of the Universe:
The great thing about LR Frieza and Summit of the Universe is that there is an abundance of AGL characters available to use. Without a whole lot of effort or trial, this team has done an incredible job of defeating LR Frieza with ease, and without the use of many items (mostly healing and Ooling TEQ is used).
Note: I do not currently have LR Goku, therefore I am only able to bring him as a friend. This has caused no complications when fighting LR Frieza what-so-ever.
- Puzzle Wrapped in Enigma Whis (Leader) – AGL Type HP & DEF +50%
- Noble Prince Vegeta
- Glimpses of Ability Vegeta (Kid)
- Western Galaxy Rivalry Paikuhan
- Return from the Dark Super Saiyan Vegeta (Angel)
- Dreadful Fusion Baby Vegeta
- Everlasting Legend Super Saiyan Goku (LR Goku) (Friend) – All Types Ki +3, ATK +3000
Building a Team to Defeat LR Frieza
As we briefly touched on above, I do have a specific team that I recommend: Whis (Leader), Super Saiyan Vegeta (Angel), Vegeta (Kid), AGL Paikuhan, Baby Vegeta, Super Strike Vegeta, and LR Goku (Friend).
Note: Most will recommend bringing LR Goku as a leader and friend, if possible. For that purpose, I will also discuss that as a possibility.
Most Recommended Leader & Friend: LR Goku
LR Goku is not only the most powerful character that can be brought into Summit of the Universe, he also gives all characters +3 Ki and +3000 ATK. With LR Goku as both your friend and your leader, your team easily has a base Ki of 6 and +6000 ATK.
LR Goku is also going to be your primary source of damage, so bringing two LR Gokus helps to not only dish out more damage, but you have double the chance of utilizing his super attack(s).
Here are the full stats of Everlasting Legend Super Saiyan Goku:
- Type: Super TEQ
- Max Level: 150
- Cost: 99
- Leader Skill: All Types Ki +3, ATK +3000
- Super ATK: Super Kamehameha – Causes colossal damage to enemy
- Super Spirit Bomb – Causes mega-colossal damage to enemy, allies’ ATK +30% for 1 turn
- Passive Skill: Crucial Battle – ATK +10000 & DEF +3000 when facing only one enemy
- Link Skill: Golden Warrior – Super Saiyan – Kamehameha The First Awakened – Family Ties – Legendary Power
- ► Goku’s Super Attack is Super Kamehameha. After 18 Ki he uses his Ultra Super Attack Super Spirit Bomb
► Maximum Super Attack level is 20
► 12 Ki Multiplier is 140%
► 24 Ki Multiplier is 200%.
And for the rest of the team…
- Whis’ super attack has a rare chance to stun LR Frieza, and his passive recovers all HP once HP is 30% or below (only once)
- Baby Vegeta’s passive gives DEF & ATK boost as the 1st attacker in a turn
- Super Saiyan Vegeta (Angel) gets +50% ATK & DEF when HP is 50% or below
- Paikuhan’s passive gives +10% ATK for all allies when HP is 50% or above
Now for other team comps to considering when taking on LR Frieza (Credit: Dokkan Wikia)
Strategy & Extra Notes:
- Take advantage of LR Goku’s +10000 ATK and +3000 DEF to dish out and reduce damage, along with the occasional Ultra Super Attack
- Vegeta and Trunks share Bombardment (ATK +15%) and Super Strike (ATK +20%)
- Whis and Cell share the Gentlemen (Ki +2) link
- Always keep each Goku away from each other as to not take too much damage, there is always Whis if you do take too much damage
- Baby Vegeta will be able to increase his defense
- Whis can stun for some breathing room
How to defeat LR Frieza (Guide)
The final level of Summit of the Universe, where you obtain the Dokkan Awakening Medal required to turn your farmable Frieza into LR Frieza, is three rounds.
All three rounds are against an extreme STR Frieza. Rounds 1 and 2 are only 1 bar of health, and round 3 is three HP bars.
For battling, I recommend leveraging your Ki orbs so that LR Goku is able to launch a super attack whenever available. I would also recommend using only one Oolong (TEQ) prior to the final round of fighting LR Frieza, as that is the most difficult.
Also, try to leverage your HP so that you can utilize Whis’ passive, as that saves you on HP items. If played right, you will need to use only 2 Senzu Beans, and maybe one Oolong (TEQ).
On occasion, I have had to use 1 Ghost Usher, but that is quite rare to have happen.
The recommended items are:
- Dende – Recover all HP and remove all allies’ status effects
- Senzu Bean – Recover all HP and remove all allies’ status effects
- Ghost Usher – Delay all opponent attacks for 1 turn
- Oolong (TEQ) – Change all purple Ki Spheres to green
General battle strategy for battling LR Frieza (Applies to all three Stages):
- Tank with AGL characters
- Try to manage the Ki on the field to line up Super Attacks
- Attempt to utilize Ki Spheres to where Whis and LR Goku are able to Super Attack (Stun & Damage)
- Save your items (if possible) for the very last battle (LR Frieza)
- Take note of the damage taken from both normal attacks and super attacks
The last bullet there is pretty helpful, especially if you are trying to conserve your item usage while battling LR Frieza. As mentioned above, I use very few items when taking on any level of Summit of the Universe.
Going into the battle with around 80k HP tops, it’s almost guaranteed that you will use a Senzu Bean or two. During the third round, with my preferred team composition, my AGL units take 10k tops damage per normal ATK from LR Frieza. LR Frieza, when he launches a super ATK, will do around 30k damage. This means that I can squeeze in two rounds without healing typically.
This is a very common battle routine during Level 3: Summit of the Universe
Frieza will typically attack two times during the first two rounds when he only has one health bar. Once the third round rolls around, and you have to battle Reign of Terror Frieza (1st Form), LR Frieza will start to attack 2 and 3 times per turn.
From my experience, LR Frieza will launch a super attack every other turn. With three attacks per turn, and a super attack every other turn, expect to be able to tank without healing for two turns. After that, use Senzu Beans and Dende to bring your health back.
Green orbs are pretty easy to stack for when LR Goku’s turn comes up. The tricky part will be that you will want to avoid having LR Goku tank LR Frieza’s attacks.
The last piece of advice: Embrace the grind of LR Frieza and happy hunting!
Once you find your groove with team comp and the battling of each stage, you should be happy to find out that this is actually more of a grind than a challenge.
One team can easily take on LR Frieza on all three levels with ease, and you will not need to use any complex support items such as Icarus or Bulma or even Ghost Usher.
Focus on finding the best possible team that you can put together, develop a sound strategy that works for you, and brace yourself for the long haul of grinding medals and farming Indignant Emperor Frieza (1st Form) from Level 1: Defying the Emperor.
Here’s a quick guide table for what to expect from each level of LR Frieza – Summit of the Universe (Credit: Dokkan Battle Wikia):